There are ample universities, colleges and institutions today that offer courses, training and qualifications in the art of acting or film making. It is also true that most of these faculties annually deliver only 8% employable graduate students who effectively work in their creative field of study. The other 92% end up:
- Working in alternative employment which they are not qualified for,
- Joining the pool of unemployed artists,
- Spending additional tuition fees to re-educate themselves in another field to ensure employment.
This results in parents and funding institutions incurring great financial loss and strain. The Performing Arts Lifestyle Institute (PALI) aims to revolutionize this, by taking an holistic attitude to the exposure and training of the modern artist. Since our founding in 2005, we strive to deliver an artist that is streetwise in the following manner:
- Conducting entry-level auditions to discern in a forthright way whether the applicant has the desirable abilities and requisite talents for the career they wish to pursue.
- PALI is currently the only institution that offers a GAP year for school leavers to expose them to all aspects of the industry.
- PALI is currently the only school that facilitates training in both film and stage for a period of three years and longer.
- Exposing and training our students not only in the craft of acting on stage and film, but also to the vital elements of business and technical aspects of the industry.
- PALI prepares the artist to become a leader, initiator and an entrepreneur which will result in a wider range of job opportunities in the industry.
- We do not just offer training and coaching, but have a seven year cycle of mentoring and supporting our protégés to become professionals.